Easy and Fun Thanksgiving appetizer recipes that will please everyone
Pumpkin Latte – so good any time of the year
1 cup warm or hot milk
1/4 cup brewed coffee
1/4 cup pumpkin (canned)
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon white chocolate chips
1/4 tsp granulated sugar
1. place all ingredients into your Vitamix (or whichever blender you own) and secure the lid.
2. Select variable 1
3. Turn machine on and slowly increase the speed to variable 10, and then turn to high
4. Blend for 35-45 seconds or until your desired consistency is reached.
This is so incredibly good, everyone will love it.
Bake that Brie – this recipe is mouth watering yummy for everyone
- 1 5 inch round brie
- sliced baguette
- sliced apples
- carrot sticks
- celery sticks
1- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2- Wrap up the brie in a piece of tin foil and completely enclose
3- Place onto a metal sheet pan
4- Bake until the Brie cheese is gooey, about 15-2 minutes
5- Serve up with the carrots, celery, apples and bread for dipping
Bite Sized Baked Brie!! – how can you go wrong with this, you can’t
2 cups small red grapes
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup pecans
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest kosher salt
One 8 oz wheel Brie
Two 1.9 ounce packages mini phyllo shells (about 30)
Coarsely ground black pepper
1. First preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss the grapes with the oil on a rimmed baking sheet.
2. Bake, tossing only once, until the grapes burst and are very soft, 25 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, spread the pecans out on a second rimmed baking sheet, and bake until very golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
Let cool, then finely chop.
3. Transfer the grapes to a small bowl with a slotted spoon, allowing the oil to drip through.
4. Stir in the lemon juice, the zest and a pinch of salt; set aside to cool completely.
5. Stir in the toasted pecans.
The compote can be made up to a day ahead and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before serving.
6. Cut off the edges of the Brie wheel to make the shape of a square
7. Cut into 30 cubes. Put a cube in each phyllo cup, and put the cups on a rimmed baking sheet.
8. Bake until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Top each cup with some of the compote, and garnish with a dusting of pepper.
Thanks to the Foodnetwork for this awesomely good recipe.
Parmesan Straw Bread Sticks – everyone’s favorite
1 large egg
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
All-purpose flour (for rolling)
1 sheet frozen puff pastry (thawed)
- Preheat oven t0 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In a sm bowl, whisk an egg and 1 tbsp water together; set to side (egg-wash)
In another sm bowl, combine Parmesan, mustard powder, salt and cayenne; set to side.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough (folded in thirds) to a 16 by 12-inch rectangle. With the short side facing you, cut it in half crosswise; brush one side of both halves with the egg-wash. Sprinkle the egg-washed half with cheese mixture. Sandwich halves together, the egg-washed sides facing in; press gently to adhere. Run the rolling pin over dough to seal.
- With the shorter side facing you, cut the dough crosswise into 24 strips, each 8 inches long and 1/2 inch wide. Place strips, 1 inch apart, onto two baking sheets; twist strips, pressing down on ends to adhere them to sheets.
- Bake until cheese straws are golden and puffed 8-10 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.